Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a day!

So Xia was up all night on Tues. Sept. 7 with what she tells me is a ear ache (granted she doesn't start out this way at 11 its not until 3:30 in the morning that she says this) so I give her motrin and hope that's the end. It usually is because she hates the doc. Well I get her to school on Wed. and about a hour into I get a call that she is throwing up. Well needless to say I was hoping it was just going to be the one time and it would pass but it didn't. She threw up again so I had to go and get her. She was asleep so I thought I was in the clear and could take her to the doc. When I woke her up to take her home she immediately tells me she feels much better now and doesn't need to go to the doctors. I think okay maybe it is just her gag reflex and all the draining from her nose that caused the throwing up. So we go back to school where she lays down until 3 and is then up to her old self again on the go and talking. Well at 4:30 we go to the University of Utah after hours because Joe her doc couldn't get her in until Friday. At the after hours I thought "great we will get right in and out after only a 5 min. wait in the waiting room" Boy was I wrong. 3 hours later we finally see the doc. to find out she has two ear infections and when asked if she gets those often I said no she has only had 4. Boy was I wrong. apparently she has had enough to leave major scar tissue on her eardrum. She just doesn't say anything.
The plus was that she slept from 8 to 7 this morning with no interruptions.

1 comment: