Monday, September 6, 2010

Ouch! Lessons from Bear Lake

So we went to Bear Lake like we have every Labor day Weekend for the past 5 years and I learned three very important facts; 1. It doesn't matter how many times you apply sunscreen if you are in the sun for 9 hours each day you WILL get sunburned! 2. The older you get the less friendly water sports are on you body. 3. It doesn't matter how much weight I lose swimsuits aren't flattering after having kids!.

I learned all three of these lessons the hard way. Right now my back, shoulders, legs, face, and scalp are all sunburned. Now you might say wear a higher SPF. Well I was wearing a 45 SPF and it was applied 3 times in the 9 hours we were in the sun. The saddest part of that is I remember spending the day outside growing up and not having sunscreen on and not getting sunburned. Where did those days go? Then I introduced my sister-in-law Trina to the wonderful world of water sports. I got her on the wave runners and the tube for the first time. I remember both of those being fun and not so painful. Needless to say the older I get the more I realize that water sports are not made for the human body. Every muscle in my body hurts even muscles I didn't know I had hurt! And finally that no matter how much weight I lose I don't like how I look in a swim suit. As long as I don't have to see myself I let myself believe that I look okay in one. I got this really cute 20's inspired swimsuit for this year and I thought I looked cute in it and everyone else said it was flattering. To all of you thank you but then Jake took a picture of me and needless to say. I look terrible. Now don't get me wrong I am slowly getting to the point where I like my weight and feel I look good in most of my close but me and swimsuits have never really been friends and that relationship was made worse by the post baby body. As long as I have cloths on I'm fine but please don't take picture of me in a swim suit ever again.

Now on to the fun stuff. My kids had a blast. Xia is such a beach baby its funny. She lived in her swimsuit the whole time and enjoyed every second we were there. This is her playing in the tide.

The girls. This was on Uncle
Keiths boat.Pictured are Xia, Aria, and Navy.

Xia in the sand drawing with Navy.

Of my two Leighton reminds me of me when I was younger. He absolutely loves little kids and they love him. During this picture he is helping
LIncoln get to the boat.

Leighton also has to bring rocks home from wherever he visits. This time he was able to pick three to bring home but this was his collection.

That was this years fun in a nut shell. Thanks Uncle Keith for the memories.

5 comments:

  1. It may be just my computer but I can't read the journaling on this post. It's all "mumbo-jumbo". Nonetheless the pictures turned out so cute. You'll have to send me them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey me too! what lanuage is that sister???

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you aren't a red-head. Can you imagine what I go through every time I even think about going in the sun?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so sorry you got burned! This is the first year I have attended and NOT gotten burned (except for on my head, in my part! dang!) so close..anyway. i thought your swimsuit was ROCKIN! You look great! Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete