Friday, November 5, 2010

Twas the Night before Halloween

Twas the night before Halloween and all through the house, Oh what we weren't at the house. My whole family got together at my mom and dads for a BBQ and pumpkin carving night before Halloween. It was so much fun it also made it so that my kids got to go "Trick or Treating" because Halloween fell on a Sunday and here in Utah it was celebrated on Sat. Well back to the story. After dinner we all went out side to carve our pumpkins (everyone had there own) and carved by the light of the moon and a few well placed spot lights I might add.

This is Leighton concentrating on his work. You can tell because his tongue is hanging out.

Here is Xia and Papa carving hers in the shop.

This is my finished product its the one on its side Ryan did the little one.

This is Leighton's and Tav's Lei's is the one without a top.

This is Griffin's and Xia's I'm not sure which one is which! Then we had all the grandkids get a picture in their costumes this is one of the better picture that they have done in a while.
That brings us to Halloween day. We started out our day by getting into costumes. Xia was Fancy Nancy this year, Leighton was a soldier (neither one of my kids like costumes off the rack we have to make them up) So we hunted for a real soldier costume for Leighton. This was no cheap project either it ended but costing me $40 because we had to go to the Army Navy surplus store. The shirt jacket and pins are all from real soldiers which is what Lei really wanted. I was Mad Madame Mim from the "Sword and the Stone". (don't mind the picture I just wanted a photo of the costume that my mom made for me. None of the kids from work knew right away who I was but that's nothing new I too don't like costumes off the rack. Last year I was Miss Viola Swamp from the book "Miss Nelson's Missing"

That brings us to the next part of the day where we started our rounds. We started at my Grandpa Hafey's. He was thrilled with this. First he noticed that Leighton's jacket said "SEABEES" I had no clue what this meant Lei just liked it so we bought it. Turns out that is the section of the Navy that Grandpa wanted to be in so he told Lei stories of being in the Navy and what it was that the "SEABEES" did. Then Mindi and Wilson showed up and so did Daph and her herd. This was nice seeing as how I usually am making the rounds myself. We were able to get a good picture of Grandpa and Mickey with all the kids in Costume.


Finally we made it to the night and the real "trick or treating" but first a stop at Grandma Searles were we pick up Lincoln. This is some of the grandkids and great grandkids with Grandma and Grandpa Searles.

And that was our Halloween in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment