Friday, December 24, 2010

Real meaning of Christmas

So last night I found out a friend of mine wasn't going to be able to have a good Christmas for her and her kids. After talking with Jake and the kids we decided that we knew what to do with the extra money that we found we had. This year has been very good to us and we wanted the kids to see what the real meaning of Christmas is. Lei has never had a hard time this time of year he is just so caring and wants everyone to be safe and happy Xia on the other hand I felt was getting the wrong idea of what Christmas is all about so we wanted them to be part of this whole process as much as possible. So we took that extra money and at 10:30 last night the kids and us went shopping for some toys for the kids. When we got home the kids were so excited about the presents for the family that they had to wrap them right away. Then this morning I was able to take my friend shopping for cloths for the kids as well as for her and then we went and found shoes and boots for her. She had a hard time finding something for her because she never buys herself anything so it was so nice to see her find something nice. My kids can't get enough of the giving thing now. Lei was commenting as we were cleaning the house that it felt so good to get to give then it does to receive. Xia has also finally gotten the true meaning as well I think.
On another note my mom called me this morning and told me that she ran into a lady that has a down syndrome girl that I babysat and had in my primary class for years. The mom is an only child and has no family and my mom asked if she had a will so that if anything happened to her Maddy would be taken care of. When she said no because she had no family mom said that she and dad would take her or that Jake and I would be willing she was so grateful. Mom then called me and said "I thought I should let you know that I volunteered you." I said that I would love to have that honor. Maddy was such a good girl. At 17 she was finally able to be baptized and she got to be baptized by a down syndrome boy. I am just glad that both my mom and Maddy's mom know that I would have no problem with this it just makes me feel so good because it means that I have shown that it has never bothered me and they know that if there is anyone that needs a home I am willing to do what I can to help out.
That's all for this post "Merry Christmas to All"

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! I love reading all your updates on your cute family.

    ReplyDelete